Proactive Investors recently profiled one of CSE’s newest listings – Urbana Corporation – a closed-end investment company (CSE:URB and CSE:URB.A). The company’s Chairman, Thomas Caldwell is also the Chairman of CSE – Canadian Securities Exchange. In the article much is discussed around the reasons for co-listing URB shares on CSE. Other highlights from the article include:
- A clear explanation of how the CSE listing model works and how it focuses on regular monthly disclosure from issuers in favour of exchange merit reviews from the exchange;
- Prospects for the closed-end investment fund model that Urbana utilizes – predicting this will be a more popular vehicle as mutual funds lose their appeal;
- Some insight into Urbana’s investment philosophy and the unique things the fund can do due to it’s size.
For the full article by Deborah Bacal please click here!
Here’s a great interview with another CSE-listed entrepreneur Nathan Hansen, President and CEO of Robix Alternative Fuels (CSE: RZX) who interviewed with Ted Ohashi on Ticker Talk.
Video credit: InvestmentPitch.com
GreenBank Capital Inc. is listed on the CSE – Canadian Securities Exchange: (CSE:GBC)
Video credit StrutStudiosVancity
A great piece was published today by Peter Murray of Proactive Investors that discussed two emerging technology companies listed on the CSE. The article discusses Gener8 Media Corp. (CSE:GNR) and RESAAS Services Inc. (CSE:RSS) and their respective performances in 2013 as well as what has been driving their recent successes.
Of particular interest is how both of these technology companies have approached the challenges of growing their businesses and how they’ve sought the additional capital to support that growth.
Highlights from the article include:
- How Gener8 Media Corp has become a leading provider of 2D to 3D conversion for the entertainment industry;
- Gener8’s capital raising strategy and how it has helped to transform their business;
- The success of RESAAS’s online social platform designed around real estate agents;
- How RESAAS has managed its resources to enable them to compete for additional revenues.
We’re happy to hear about the growth these companies have achieved and look forward to hearing about what transpires for 2014.
For more information, you can check out the full article here:
Gener8, RESAAS put West Coast on CSE’s tech map with big 2013 gains
And watch the video profiles below for each company:
Photo above: Gener8 CEO Rory Armes – photo/video credit Noravera Visuals – www.noravera.com