CSE, along with MNP LLP and Chitiz Pathak LLP, hosted another successful investor luncheon during the PDAC in Toronto. This event welcomed an all-time high number of attendees and was headlined by several companies listed on the exchange. Enjoy the pictures and we will see you next year!
Here is a sneak peak of the new 15-second spot that will begin airing on BNN starting March 10th:
Thank you again to RESAAS (CSE:RSS) CFO Cam Shippit for the kind words and for allowing us into their office to profile their exciting company.
Proactive Investors recently profiled one of CSE’s newest listings – Urbana Corporation – a closed-end investment company (CSE:URB and CSE:URB.A). The company’s Chairman, Thomas Caldwell is also the Chairman of CSE – Canadian Securities Exchange. In the article much is discussed around the reasons for co-listing URB shares on CSE. Other highlights from the article include:
- Tom’s concerns about over-regulation in the Canadian capital markets and how it’s curbing innovation (you can read Tom’s op-ed about over regulation here);
- A clear explanation of how the CSE listing model works and how it focuses on regular monthly disclosure from issuers in favour of exchange merit reviews from the exchange;
- Prospects for the closed-end investment fund model that Urbana utilizes – predicting this will be a more popular vehicle as mutual funds lose their appeal;
- Some insight into Urbana’s investment philosophy and the unique things the fund can do due to it’s size.
A great piece was published today by Peter Murray of Proactive Investors that discussed two emerging technology companies listed on the CSE. The article discusses Gener8 Media Corp. (CSE:GNR) and RESAAS Services Inc. (CSE:RSS) and their respective performances in 2013 as well as what has been driving their recent successes.
Of particular interest is how both of these technology companies have approached the challenges of growing their businesses and how they’ve sought the additional capital to support that growth.
Highlights from the article include:
- How Gener8 Media Corp has become a leading provider of 2D to 3D conversion for the entertainment industry;
- Gener8’s capital raising strategy and how it has helped to transform their business;
- The success of RESAAS’s online social platform designed around real estate agents;
- How RESAAS has managed its resources to enable them to compete for additional revenues.
We’re happy to hear about the growth these companies have achieved and look forward to hearing about what transpires for 2014.
For more information, you can check out the full article here:
Gener8, RESAAS put West Coast on CSE’s tech map with big 2013 gains
And watch the video profiles below for each company:
Photo above: Gener8 CEO Rory Armes – photo/video credit Noravera Visuals – www.noravera.com